Speech on the Throne: It's full of s***
What is our aspiring government's three-year plan? No tax cuts and more spending. Here is the list with my brief comment next to each.
* Lift productivity (how you gonna do this without company tax cuts).
* KiwiSaver Scheme (Can we save ourselves please. You know, with OUR money?).
* Review corporate taxation (review, schmeview).
* Interest-free student loans (we pay the interest without tax cuts).
* 5000 more apprentices (oh, thank goodness!).
* National energy strategy (I agree with this).
* Review Pharmac (review schmeview).
* Faster broadband uptake (wow!).
* Lift the minimum wage (misprint. Lift should be 'scrap').
* Boost Working for Families (more dependency which we pay for- again).
* School-ready health check (I thought we had free visits for under 6's?)
* Lift superannuation (more dependency which we pay for).
* 1000 more police (300 per year, pissant).
* Review home detention (review, schmeview).
* Set deadline of 2008 for historic Treaty claims (yay, finally I like something).
* Address irrigation needs (Much needed this. Aye).
* 'Buy Kiwi-made' programme (See comment re minimum wage. They have omitted the word 'scrap' at the start).
* Energy efficiency programme (What does this mean?).
God this country really is a socialist hellhole at the bottom end of nowhere. This list is a visionless pile of excrement. When it was delivered from the throne I hope a bucket was provided for the vomit that needed to be flushed down afterwards.