< link rel="DCTERMS.isreplacedby" href="http://sirhumphreys.com" > Sir Humphrey's: Retarded media leftie of the day

SIR HUMPHREY'S BLOG

SITE MOVED:Sir Humphrey's has moved

Please join us at our new site: www.sirhumphreys.com.

The RSS feed for sirhumphreys.com is now here.

Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Retarded media leftie of the day

Chris Matthews:

In a speech to political science students at the University of Toronto yesterday, the host of the CNBC current affairs show Hardball had plenty of harsh words for U.S. President George W. Bush, as well as the political climate that has characterized his country for the past few years.

"The period between 9/11 and Iraq was not a good time for America. There wasn't a robust discussion of what we were doing," Matthews said.

"If we stop trying to figure out the other side, we've given up. The person on the other side is not evil -- they just have a different perspective."

If Matthews hasn't figured out what 'the other side' is like yet, then I doubt he ever will.
I am a TV talking head who thinks everyone walks around thinking like me.

If everyone thinks like me, then clearly whatever would drive me to murder others must also be their motivation. Only the most extreme injustice gone unpunished would drive me to kill or harm another human being. Therefore that is what must be driving 'the other side'.

The possibility that some people might consider me less than human does not enter my mind. The possibility that some people might like to eradicate me and everyone like me does not enter my mind. I cannot understand that some people are so violently opposed to everything I stand for they would lie about their motivations. That they would tell me anything to strengthen their hand while they work to defeat me.

I cannot comprehend the idea of 'evil'.

When a Bush Administration representative uses the word 'evil' to describe our enemies, I feel they are using simplistic emotional words to manipulate my allegiance. After all I don't understand 'evil', and I am a smart man. Therefore only simpletons could believe in 'evil'.

If the Bush Administration is intentionally using the word 'evil' to describe the 'other side' then they are the true enemy for trying to manipulate us. If they believe actually believe in 'evil', then they are simpletons.

Either way, they are more dangerous than a bunch of Arabs killing Iraqis.

I will use my TV program to defeat them.

Posted by Antarctic Lemur | 11/22/2005 11:50:00 AM

1 Comments:

Blogger Ackers1 said...

It seems more likely AL that you are the one who hasn't figured it out yet. The Bush administration has and are clearly talking to the evil ones in order to secure some respectable way out of the mess they are in. The latest missive from Stratfor captures what is going on well.

"The American concept about Iraq is long gone. The failure to identify the intentions of the Baathists after the war is now history. But the essential problem remains in Washington's public posture:

1. The administration cannot admit what is self-evident: it does not have the ability, by itself, to break the back of the Sunni insurrection. To achieve this, the United States needs help from non-jihadist Sunnis -- Baathists -- as well as the Shia. U.S. troops cannot achieve the mission alone.

2. In order to get this help, the United States is going to have to make -- and is, in fact, making -- a variety of deals with players it would have regarded as enemies two years ago, and must make concessions that would seem to be unthinkable.

These negotiations are constant. The United States is doing everything it can to get former Baathists into the political process -- people who were close to Hussein. It is working intently with people like Ahmed Chalabi who were close -- some say very close -- to the Iranians. It is cutting deals left and right like a Chicago ward boss."

11/22/2005 01:28:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home