< link rel="DCTERMS.isreplacedby" href="http://sirhumphreys.com" > Sir Humphrey's: The Open Source Media launch

SIR HUMPHREY'S BLOG

SITE MOVED:Sir Humphrey's has moved

Please join us at our new site: www.sirhumphreys.com.

The RSS feed for sirhumphreys.com is now here.

Thursday, November 17, 2005

The Open Source Media launch

Open Source Media (OSM), created by Charles Johnson of Little Green Footballs and Roger L. Simon, had its official launch today. It previously went by the development name of Pajamas Media.

Jeff Goldstein live-blogged the launch:
"Heh, cool," I said, motioning to Tim’s glass. "You have those made up for the launch?" "What do you think, genius?" Blair asked, not looking up. "I maybe had it printed up special for myself?" Ed, who I’d met once before at a Rocky Mountain Blogger bash, threw me a glance that said, "skip it, he’s Australian," before sliding me a chair. "Take a seat. How was your flight?" "Fine, nice," I said, sitting down and looking around for the waitress. I hadn’t had anything to drink on the plane and was really craving a Guinness. "So"—this from my left, where Roger Simon, sans his trademark fedora, sat smiling and bleary-eyed, holding aloft a half-empty Gibson glass as if to make a toast. "Protein wisdom is in the hizzouse, as they say! Welcome! Or as my friend Bill Bixby once said to a French prostitute (god rest his soul), ’bonjour, you plump little tart!’"…

"Bullshit," Blair hissed. "The Hulk never said any such thing. Any such thing. You fibbing, wizened bastard."

The keynote speaker: Judith Miller (yes, that Judith Miller).

Posted by Antarctic Lemur | 11/17/2005 10:48:00 AM

1 Comments:

Blogger RightWingDeathBeast said...

Apparently it has $35 million dollars of venture capital funding behind it. Wow.

11/17/2005 01:17:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home