< link rel="DCTERMS.isreplacedby" href="http://sirhumphreys.com" > Sir Humphrey's: Media bashed at terrorist trial

SIR HUMPHREY'S BLOG

SITE MOVED:Sir Humphrey's has moved

Please join us at our new site: www.sirhumphreys.com.

The RSS feed for sirhumphreys.com is now here.

Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Media bashed at terrorist trial

Nice. Thugs working at the local supermarket bash up a cameraman covering the court appearance of those arrested on terrorist charges in Melbourne. Looks like even their union won't try to cover their arses if they get dismissed, although most of the company concern seems to be about their workmates getting mad at them
At a crisis meeting yesterday dayshift workers were warned they faced the sack if caught bullying or harassing the men.

But one angry worker told the Herald Sun he could not understand why parent company Woolworths was protecting them.

"We don't want them here," he said. "Not all Muslims are terrorists, we know that. But beating up television crews . . . that's just un-Australian.
Oddly though
No charges have been laid against the men involved in Tuesday's attack in which Channel Seven cameraman Matt Rose was wounded.
so it's no wonder people are pissed off at their unsavoury colleagues.

Good way to convince people of the innocence of those on trial. Or maybe not, your mileage may vary.

Via Little Brown Racists.

Posted by Chefen | 11/15/2005 07:25:00 AM

3 Comments:

Blogger Antarctic Lemur said...

How is the racist Brown handling this? Ignoring it?

We had quite a few incoming referrals from various Ardly News posts last week, no doubt all of them insulting us directly without direct reference to something interesting.

11/15/2005 12:01:00 PM  
Blogger fm said...

Charges were laid this morning against five of them. If I recall correctly from the morning news, one of the charges was "affray", not just common assault. I'm no lawyer, but apparently that's reasonably serious -- possibly jail time.

11/15/2005 04:07:00 PM  
Blogger darren said...

From AP

Men appear in court over cameramen brawl
November 15, 2005 - 3:39PM

Five men have appeared in court accused of attacking news photographers and cameramen outside a Melbourne Magistrates' Court.

The men were at the court last Tuesday to support nine men charged with being members of a terrorist group.

The five men appeared in the dock of the Melbourne Magistrates' Court after being arrested by police on affray and assault-related charges.

Prosecutor Lisa Mendicino told the court the men were charged on Tuesday and an application for bail would not be opposed if conditions were applied, including that they give up their passports.

The men's lawyer James Dowsley objected to the condition, saying the men were not a flight risk and had ties to the jurisdiction.

Magistrate Paul Smith granted bail to the five, but said it would be wise and cautious in the circumstances to require the men to give up their passports.

He adjourned the matter for a committal mention hearing in February next year.

11/15/2005 06:04:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home