< link rel="DCTERMS.isreplacedby" href="http://sirhumphreys.com" > Sir Humphrey's: Airports

SIR HUMPHREY'S BLOG

SITE MOVED:Sir Humphrey's has moved

Please join us at our new site: www.sirhumphreys.com.

The RSS feed for sirhumphreys.com is now here.

Saturday, November 12, 2005

Airports

I have been spending a bit of time in airports recently. In the space of a few days, I had visited Wellington, Sydney, Brisbane and Canberra airports. I had presumed that most people were there to catch a plane. However, now I'm not so sure. The number of calls for people to board were somewhat staggering. These people had checked in, been issued boarding passes and then simply failed to board in a timely manner.

At the airport to do a bit of shopping? Perhaps use the internet kiosk to leave bank details to at least 15 key logging programs? Maybe they wanted to grab some of that nice but economical airport lounge food. I often book a flight just to pay $7 for an old croissant, and hear my name called out at least three times.

So the question on my mind, while I wait for Mr Brazzle to show up for our flight, is how much do the various airports charge in landing fees exactly? Have you seen Macquarie Bank's profits? Pretty impressive after buying Sydney Airport a couple of years ago.

"Mr Brazzle, this is the final boarding call for flight QF119 to Sydney. We know we've said final 8 times now, but this time we mean it. We're being charged $1,000 per minute. We'll sell your luggage if you don't haul ass."
ยท Linked Article

Posted by ZenTiger | 11/12/2005 06:27:00 PM