< link rel="DCTERMS.isreplacedby" href="http://sirhumphreys.com" > Sir Humphrey's: Red Cross Viral Email

SIR HUMPHREY'S BLOG

SITE MOVED:Sir Humphrey's has moved

Please join us at our new site: www.sirhumphreys.com.

The RSS feed for sirhumphreys.com is now here.

Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Red Cross Viral Email

Its been a while since I've posted, but the busy times are nearly over. Its raining lightly now in Auckland - quite pleasant actually, and I don't want to go back to work, but I must so I'll keep this point brief.

Red Cross viral marketing - I saw on Breakfast this morning that the Red Cross have engaged in a viral marketing campaign to solicit more dontations for the Pakistan Earthquake. Whilst I support the objective, the kind people at RC have clearly not thought about this. This is exactly the technique that can be used by phishers to scam people out of money. If you get an email, do not click on the link and go to the website, as there are many cunning ways of conning people out of their personal and credit card details. If you do wish to make a donation via the website, type the Red Cross URL (www.redcross.org.nz) directly into the browser yourself. Otherwise you risk being conned.

PS Newstalk ZB is running a poll on the new Cabinet, as I type, 56% of people don't like it. Yeah, I know its not scientific...

Posted by Bernard Woolley | 10/19/2005 12:45:00 PM