< link rel="DCTERMS.isreplacedby" href="http://sirhumphreys.com" > Sir Humphrey's: Ouch no stop you're twisting my arm

SIR HUMPHREY'S BLOG

SITE MOVED:Sir Humphrey's has moved

Please join us at our new site: www.sirhumphreys.com.

The RSS feed for sirhumphreys.com is now here.

Thursday, October 06, 2005

Ouch no stop you're twisting my arm

Poor old Jude, apparently they virtually tortured her into accepting 800 large ones a year for doing her work
She said she had never sought the job in the first place - in fact she was dragged into it "kicking and screaming".
Accordingly
Dumped TVNZ news anchor Judy Bailey says the media furore over her $800,000 salary last year was the low-point of her career.
If I was getting 800g a year I think the appropriate response would be "go f yourselves, I won, you lost, eat that". Still now she is free...
She said she had no firm plans for the future.

"I haven't thought that far ahead, to be really honest I think I will do something with children, with disadvantaged children and their families.

"I feel like I want to give something back."
How nice. An uncle once went out with her, back in the old days. When he brought this up he got a far away look in his eye for a second or two, then said "silly bint".
ยท Linked Article

Posted by Chefen | 10/06/2005 08:07:00 PM

4 Comments:

Blogger Cathy Odgers said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

10/06/2005 08:19:00 PM  
Blogger Cathy Odgers said...

Oh the bleeding state owned, bleeding heart monopolistic salaried set Jude.

Poor Jude, on $800K. Poor poor Jude.

The reason I think that her loyal viewing audience left in their droves is that anyone actually home in time now to watch the 6pm news is unemployed, a housewife, a student, the elderly or in a job that does not demand overtime.

In other words people that cannot and will not relate to someone earning $800,000 to read an autocue.

Over and out.

10/06/2005 08:20:00 PM  
Blogger Murray said...

She's free to bloody well give some of it back to me any time.

10/06/2005 10:02:00 PM  
Blogger ZenTiger said...

Well, she did pay back $303,000 in taxes. Unless her clothes, hairdressing, makeup and dry cleaning are legitimate business deductions.

In that case, she may have paid about $650 in taxes.

10/06/2005 10:10:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home