< link rel="DCTERMS.isreplacedby" href="http://sirhumphreys.com" > Sir Humphrey's: Feedback on new SH sought

SIR HUMPHREY'S BLOG

SITE MOVED:Sir Humphrey's has moved

Please join us at our new site: www.sirhumphreys.com.

The RSS feed for sirhumphreys.com is now here.

Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Feedback on new SH sought

Allo.

Can anyone not using Internet Explorer visit SirHumphreys.com and leave a comment about any layout and font issues.

Things to fix:
  1. the aforementioned Internet Explorer layout problem
  2. sidepanel font is probably too small for low resolution CRT monitors
  3. toolbar is ugly, but hey it works
  4. the load time of the 'VRWC' might mean I'll limit it to the front page only
  5. somehow the ordered/unordered list formatting has been screwed up. Will have to fix that...
UPDATE: Whoops - left the comments moderation turned on. Should be ok now.

Posted by Antarctic Lemur | 10/18/2005 01:55:00 PM

8 Comments:

Blogger Adolf Fiinkensein said...

I use firefox and I can't find anything wrong. Mind you I don't really know what I'm looking for. The news fees agg thingo looks pretty smart.

10/18/2005 02:37:00 PM  
Anonymous spam said...

On my IE, the long lines run-over the right-hand bar - they don't wrap properly.

10/18/2005 03:06:00 PM  
Blogger Gooner said...

Safari 1.2.3 okey dokes. Caveat - see Adolf's comment re: a few sandwiches short of a picnic on these issues.

10/18/2005 03:36:00 PM  
Blogger Antarctic Lemur said...

spam - it's not a wrapping issue. IE isn't recognising the defined width of the main centre panel. If you scroll right you'll see its made the center as wide as the whole page and is allowing its contents to obsure the right sidepanel.

10/18/2005 03:39:00 PM  
Blogger Antarctic Lemur said...

p.s. you guys were meant to leave the comments on the new SH so that I can make sure the Recent Comments are working properly. In fact you could make about 5 comments each on either of the two posts if you want...

10/18/2005 03:40:00 PM  
Blogger Gooner said...

I've done so! :P

10/18/2005 03:56:00 PM  
Blogger Antarctic Lemur said...

gooner - where are they?

Also no one has commented on my cheesy Sun.

10/18/2005 05:12:00 PM  
Blogger Gooner said...

I can't check now cos I'm at hoime with IE. But I noted a comment on the long post appeared but not on the other one. I'll check tomorrow.

10/18/2005 09:46:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home