< link rel="DCTERMS.isreplacedby" href="http://sirhumphreys.com" > Sir Humphrey's: Racial Harmony

SIR HUMPHREY'S BLOG

SITE MOVED:Sir Humphrey's has moved

Please join us at our new site: www.sirhumphreys.com.

The RSS feed for sirhumphreys.com is now here.

Friday, September 02, 2005

Racial Harmony

Driving home from the office this afternoon (yes, afternoon not evening - very civilised, you know) I stopped at the traffic lights, as one does when they are red. I felt a bump and looked in the rear vision mirror. There was a chinese gentleman looking at me in horror. He was much closer to my rear vision mirror than he should have been.

I stopped the engine, got out and went to inspect the damage. There was none so I smiled at the distraught gentleman and game him the thumbs up sign. He waved and mouthed 'velly solly velly solly.'

As I continued home I smiled and a warm feeling swept over me as I imagined how he would feel when he got home and saw the two inch hole punched though his front fender by my tow bar.

It pays to drive a Holdens when you are up against Mazda or Toyata.

Posted by Adolf Fiinkensein | 9/02/2005 06:42:00 PM

9 Comments:

Blogger Antarctic Lemur said...

Justice sweeter than any court ruling.

9/02/2005 06:57:00 PM  
Blogger Gooner said...

It was your fault because you were on the phone at the time and not concentrating :)

9/02/2005 09:06:00 PM  
Blogger sally said...

For Chrissakes Adolf, don't get into a fender-bender dispute with Helen Clark - if a quip over an airline PA sets her off, can you even begin to imagine how a minor car ding would unhinge her. Let's hope like that poor truck-driver who was the victim of road-rage, Helen doesn't pack a claw hammer in her handbag.
At the very least,you'd be stood down and sent to re-education classes, nevermind all the grovelling apologies.

9/02/2005 09:38:00 PM  
Blogger Adolf Fiinkensein said...

She doesn't need a claw hammer. She has her teeth.

9/02/2005 09:54:00 PM  
Blogger Zenskar said...

Yeah, but the Mazda or Toyota would keep running with holes in its fender. The Holden would fart out it's last smokey fumes and die.

9/03/2005 03:54:00 AM  
Blogger Adolf Fiinkensein said...

Gooner, I wus innercent. Stationary, that is.

9/03/2005 07:55:00 AM  
Blogger Paul said...

Yes, reminds me of an experience on Victoria St West involving pathetic bastard who thought that parallel parking should be done by Braille, my car won on the day, front bumper of poor bastard's car the newest thing to be towed by my tow-bar. He had a mullet so I didn’t really care too much about his misfortune. I guessed he was probably heading out west to his breeding box to give Ms ugg-boot shod, unreasonable hair extensions wearing, ass-looking-like-2-cats-fighting-in-a-sack a seeing to.

Turned out to be a Labour Party activist, was just before the 99 election, he wanted to talk politics with me rather than swap insurance details, or apologies for his appearance ... take a guess at my response ... he didn’t get his bumper back either.

9/03/2005 09:57:00 PM  
Blogger Xavier said...

Bless you. It's people like you that keep me employed (I work for AMI)

9/04/2005 09:31:00 PM  
Blogger Xavier said...

Bless you. It's people like you that keep me employed (I work for AMI)

9/04/2005 09:31:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home