< link rel="DCTERMS.isreplacedby" href="http://sirhumphreys.com" > Sir Humphrey's: Shit Stirring Women

SIR HUMPHREY'S BLOG

SITE MOVED:Sir Humphrey's has moved

Please join us at our new site: www.sirhumphreys.com.

The RSS feed for sirhumphreys.com is now here.

Monday, August 29, 2005

Shit Stirring Women

Have you noticed lately how all the reporters driving the non story about Act and National seem to be women? Of course, they all learned from Clark. This is how she did down Doone. Notice it is the same paper involved.

Here's a very funny but telling piece of commentary. I hope Mr Hide will forgive me for lifting it in its entirety from his site. The heading is

WATERGATE
I was rung Friday night by Sunday Star-Times journalist Irene Chappel. She interviewed me for about an hour-and-a-quarter round-and-round in circles.

She told me that Brian Nicolle had faxed some advice to Don Brash. She wanted to know if I disapproved. I said no. I said politicians are always getting advice from all over. I said that we had always supported National and Don Brash and that we had plenty of advice.

She then wanted to know if I was angry that National hadn’t returned the favour. I said I had received a lot of help from National and that it’s my experience that if you help people in the expectation that they will help you back you will be dissappointed. You help people because you want to.

After an hour of this constant questioning I said well you clearly want me to say something that I am not saying so why don’t you tell me what you want me to say and I will tell you whether or not I agree.

She said well why don’t you tell me what you think I want you to say. I said ‘cos I am not that silly.

I still struggle to see the point of the story so far. Politicians get advice from all over unsolicited and solicited. I once got accosted by a fellow who was convinced that Jews in New York owned the Reserve Bank. He then wrote to me explaining what I needed to do.

Heaven help me if that correspondence ever fell into the hands of the Sunday Star-Times!

· Linked Article

Posted by Adolf Fiinkensein | 8/29/2005 04:10:00 PM

10 Comments:

Blogger Lucyna said...

I hadn't noticed that, Adolf, that the reporters were all women. I wonder if they (the feminist inner circle) are freaking out because National and ACT are onto them. Jordan seems to be a little hysterical too (he's hiding it well under a sort of gloating smugness).

8/29/2005 04:39:00 PM  
Blogger Gooner said...

I struggle to see the point in the story apart from the 'leak' factor. So Brian Nicolle sent a fax to someone 2 yrs ago. Whoopdeedoo.

8/29/2005 04:39:00 PM  
Blogger Lucyna said...

If you point at something that's not there for long enough, people will think there's something there, even if they can't see it. That's what they're counting on. It does show a certain contempt for the population, though.

8/29/2005 04:44:00 PM  
Anonymous andrei said...

We should all be praying for the people of the Crescent City.

This has the potential to be the biggest natural disaster in American history.

The leaked Email story will fade in a day. New Orleans may never be the same again.

I hope the predictions are wrong

8/29/2005 05:26:00 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Have you guys read frogblog today? It is using an article by your mate Jon Johansson slamming the original Orewa speech. Thought you might be interested.

8/29/2005 06:31:00 PM  
Blogger Antarctic Lemur said...

Aren't Zen and Lucyna all over it? Haven't had a chance to read many NZ blogs today.

8/29/2005 06:38:00 PM  
Blogger ZenTiger said...

Just musing over the latest Frog Blog rant. They are piling it on like they are in real danger of not making 5%.

Seems Labour have sent a message out to every red women and her dog. Time to preach doom and gloom should a centrist party get into power. May as well start building the first nuclear power station now.

But they do seem very worried. Maybe they have a bad feeling?

Roger: "My Mate"? And have you seen him at my BBQ?

Hope New Orleans makes it through. Glad to hear a few bars still open as the hurricane moves in. I'd want a ready supply of Bourbon in a situation like that.

8/29/2005 07:06:00 PM  
Blogger Keith said...

andrei, it's looking as though the predictions are spot-on. This could be truly awful. Damn.

8/29/2005 07:08:00 PM  
Blogger peterquixote said...

Judd ACT president will be sacked immediately following the election, she will be ]called to account for constitutional and other irregularity, so maybe she will leave, she may not stay till next election,

8/30/2005 12:51:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Peter: are you saying that she is the source of the leak? It doesn't add up. The only beneficiary is Labour. My money is on Labour using the Parliament.govt.nz server and Brash's desktop as the source for the e mails.

8/30/2005 12:57:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home