< link rel="DCTERMS.isreplacedby" href="http://sirhumphreys.com" > Sir Humphrey's: TGIF NFFA

SIR HUMPHREY'S BLOG

SITE MOVED:Sir Humphrey's has moved

Please join us at our new site: www.sirhumphreys.com.

The RSS feed for sirhumphreys.com is now here.

Thursday, June 16, 2005

TGIF NFFA

Thank God Its Friday Night Free For All (Again).

Yes, I have been inundated with calls for another one of these 100 comment wonders, so I thought I'd confirm the rules:

1. You post the comments under the new Free For All post Lucyna will create late Friday.

2. You need to have consumed an entire beer by the first 10 comments.

3. You continue to consume beer at the same rate (or wine or spirits).

4. Seeing double does not reduce your actual intake requirements.

5. Deleting comments does not reduce your intake requirement. But you can use them as an excuse to go to the bathroom.

6. Do not do this whilst driving (using a blackberry or similar device)

7. Do this from the safety of your living room. Don't start at work if you plan on driving home. Now's the time to put in for serious overtime, and crash at your desk.

8. If you start to make more sense sozzled than sober, post that as a seperate comment. It makes it funnier to read the next morning.

9. No screen cams please.


Oh, err, I just checked my emails. They were pleas to STOP the Friday night free for alls. Probably left wing PC crap. Are you going to let them tell you what you can and cant do???? NO WE ARE NOT!

PS: I'll be in Sydney. Participation subject to getting internet access working. Have fun.

PPS: The purpose of this message was to allow time to buy the beers :-)

Posted by ZenTiger | 6/16/2005 09:22:00 PM

15 Comments:

Blogger Adolf Fiinkensein said...

Has anyone paused to contemplate the quirk of fate which gave New Zealand Michael Cullen and America Michael Jackson? I invite erudite commentors to expand upon this theme.

6/16/2005 09:37:00 PM  
Blogger Lucyna said...

I'll have to add that to the agenda.

6/16/2005 10:02:00 PM  
Blogger Richard said...

I was wondering why tonight's Friday Night Free For All is so much quieter than last Friday's, and I think I've figured it out. :-)

6/16/2005 10:42:00 PM  
Blogger Paul said...

I think that these free-for-all posts are great! Lets us all vent whatever without having to conform to context! ... now if only I had an original thought ...

6/16/2005 11:27:00 PM  
Blogger Paul said...

Actually I do. I thought I might share with you all the saddest case I've ever touched. Its a Weathertight Homes Resolution Serice case (I won't say who I act for) but it is truely sad and an indicitment on NZ's provincial legal profession, but also the Government for setting up a joke resolution service.

Plaintiffs: Modest folk with a huge problem with their house $120k remedial work required, brain damaged and tetra-plegic son as a result of a swimming pool accident as a toddler.

Defendant 1 Plaster: had to borrow petrol money to attend the mediation.

Defendant 2 Plaster 2: in hospital having a second brain tumour (cancerous) removed.

Defendant 3: builder bankruptcy hoverring like a big ugly bird with a large beak.

Council: bit player in the whole thing.

Plaintiffs settled for sweet f**k all and now I'm, sitting at home feeling dreadful about it all. I'm guessing you have figured out who I was acting for.

Why does the Gov't not set up an interest-free loan scheme so these poor sods can actually fix their homes and argue later?

I know my obligations are to my client, but hell, it ain't easy living with on theone hand a great deal for my client, but on the other hand leaving folks like them with no chance of doing remedial work.

It makes me wonder if I need a change of job.

6/16/2005 11:45:00 PM  
Blogger Theprophet said...

Paul - I'm in a trade. As far as I can see there are just three words needed to sort out who is responsible for this whole mess.
You and others may not like them but here goes -

Council ,Council, Council
Thats it.

By the by Zen or Lucyna maybe you could invite the other Paul ( You know the one ) over from just left as I get the idea that the poor dear is a little sad and lonely. I have to work till 12 tomorrow night and I'm sure if Paul was here things will just be a riot of Millsy like behaviour by that time.Just add alcohol. Kaboom.
I promise to catch up with however many beers you say you've had before I put my 2 cents in.

Allah protect us.

6/17/2005 12:18:00 AM  
Blogger Paul said...

Zen, you get time off to buy beers?? Can I please have a copy of the agreement you have secured for such things!

6/17/2005 12:19:00 AM  
Blogger Paul said...

Oh I don't disagree, but to the extent that the law says ... more to the point I'd say BIA, BIA, BIA!

6/17/2005 12:22:00 AM  
Blogger Paul said...

Actually Mr prophet, I'm changing to paulc, because I seriously don't want to be confused with that lefty one

6/17/2005 12:30:00 AM  
Blogger Roger said...

Last time there was a Friday Night Free-for-all, I came along late, mentioned three little words (Downing Street Memo) and then was forced to run for cover as shells were lobbed in my direction from the right. I will see if I can do this again.

6/17/2005 09:32:00 AM  
Blogger Lucyna said...

Roger, you did want us to comment on it. And then you challenged the comments. Are you sure you want a repeat?

6/17/2005 09:48:00 AM  
Blogger Roger said...

Absolutely. I fear no evil. I never said I didn't want people to comment on it, did I?
Did you make an incorrect assumption like your mate Adolf?

6/17/2005 11:28:00 AM  
Blogger Lucyna said...

Roger, you're playing with fire. I protected you last time. You remind me of a character that I'm reading in The Traitor's Knot. Has no idea what he's fallen into.

6/17/2005 11:39:00 AM  
Blogger Roger said...

As a wise man once said, "Bring it on."
Should I investigate entering the witness protection programme?

6/17/2005 02:08:00 PM  
Blogger Lucyna said...

That's the spirit, Roger. This time, don't break out in a rash.

6/17/2005 02:43:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home