< link rel="DCTERMS.isreplacedby" href="http://sirhumphreys.com" > Sir Humphrey's: Marathon Man

SIR HUMPHREY'S BLOG

SITE MOVED:Sir Humphrey's has moved

Please join us at our new site: www.sirhumphreys.com.

The RSS feed for sirhumphreys.com is now here.

Saturday, June 25, 2005

Marathon Man

I was asked to run a marathon. I said, "Piss off".

They said "come on, it's for spastics and blind kids."

Then I thought........bugger it, I could win this.



[Source Unknown - Please update me if you know]

Posted by ZenTiger | 6/25/2005 10:44:00 PM

4 Comments:

Blogger Murray said...

You going to reprint the Back in the SPQR song as well?

May as well get all the milage we can out of these Friday night things.

6/25/2005 11:27:00 PM  
Blogger ZenTiger said...

Well, I guess its that, or learn about your tactics for winning the marathon using a tripping device (stick)!

And it might be dangerous to repeat that joke about why blind people don't go parachuting - it scaring the shit out of the seeing eye dogs and all.

Yep, far better to run with the back in the USSR jingle. I'll sharpen up my cut and paste tools...

6/25/2005 11:51:00 PM  
Blogger Paul said...

You will find it here. I think it was quoting some Aussie hard-case.

http://www.gravett.org/pc/?p=4316

6/26/2005 05:59:00 PM  
Blogger ZenTiger said...

Interesting blog. Yes, the joke has the ring of a few Aussie comedians I can think of. That guy Dave on The Glasshouse (and around the traps) for example...

6/26/2005 06:16:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home