< link rel="DCTERMS.isreplacedby" href="http://sirhumphreys.com" > Sir Humphrey's: Back in the SPQR

SIR HUMPHREY'S BLOG

SITE MOVED:Sir Humphrey's has moved

Please join us at our new site: www.sirhumphreys.com.

The RSS feed for sirhumphreys.com is now here.

Sunday, June 26, 2005

Back in the SPQR

See what you missed on the Friday night free for all?? Not only was there (allegedly) nekkid blogging, but after a few beers the songs came out. With every-one singing the song in unison, across NZ, the Police cannot understand how so many peope could complain about the same drunken song at the same time. Do do do do. Welcome to the twilight zone. Any-one born before 1980 might recognise this song. Remember when McCartney was in another band before Wings? Who is McCartney? Oh, never mind.

Back in the SPQR

Rode about a week along the Appian Way
Didn't get to bed last night
All the way the poultices were on my knee
Man, I had a dreadful ride

I'm back in the SPQR
You don't know how lucky you are, boys
Back in the SPQR

Been away so long I hardly knew the slaves
Gee, it's good to be back home
Leave until tomorrow to unpack my mule *
Honey, let's just stay in Rome

(chorus)

Well, those Latin girls really knock me out
They leave the East behind
And Sabine girls make me sing and shout
That Julia's always on my... mind

Show me round those seven hilltops way down south
Take me to your daddy's farm
Let me hear your third declension ringing out **
Come and keep your citizen warm

(chorus)

* It doesn't rhyme in Latin, either
** Uncertain, possibly a reference to votive offerings

-----------------------
Thanks Murray. Same time next week?

Posted by ZenTiger | 6/26/2005 03:08:00 PM

2 Comments:

Blogger Bren said...

A band before Wings? Well, since Wings was the greatest band to have ever of graced us with their presence in the world music scene. I fail to see how this "other" band could be worthy of any mention.

6/26/2005 03:38:00 PM  
Blogger Murray said...

Gituar groups are on the way out anyway.

6/26/2005 06:22:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home