< link rel="DCTERMS.isreplacedby" href="http://sirhumphreys.com" > Sir Humphrey's: Truth, Justice and John Tamihere

SIR HUMPHREY'S BLOG

SITE MOVED:Sir Humphrey's has moved

Please join us at our new site: www.sirhumphreys.com.

The RSS feed for sirhumphreys.com is now here.

Monday, April 04, 2005

Truth, Justice and John Tamihere

Every-one is blogging about John Tamihere's interview in Investigate, so it's hardly worth me repeating it here.

I noticed John has resisted apologising for what he has said. This is typical of John, where his first instinct was to say he thought the interview was off the record. That means he thinks its all true, it just wasn't meant to be said. For once, I think the average Kiwi believes him. It sounds very true. Coming from an ex-back bencher, it will have more credibility than whatever Don Brash or Rodney Hide could come up with.

I can just imagine the next few weeks in Parliament:

Brash: Is that smarmy Maharey responsible for this policy?
Maharey: Point of Order Madam Speaker, I am not smarmy.
Madam Speaker: Brash - will you withdraw that remark?
Brash: Only if Tamihere does
Tamihere: It was off the record, so I will not withdraw it.
Brash: Well, I'm prepared to call him smarmy off the record then
Maharey: That's much better.
Carter: Bloody Tosser.

Posted by ZenTiger | 4/04/2005 06:03:00 PM

1 Comments:

Blogger ZenTiger said...

Oops, meant to say: ex-frontbencher, not ex backbencher.

That's probably what I'll be saying next week!

4/04/2005 08:49:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home