< link rel="DCTERMS.isreplacedby" href="http://sirhumphreys.com" > Sir Humphrey's: My run in with daggy of the Locke Foundation

SIR HUMPHREY'S BLOG

SITE MOVED:Sir Humphrey's has moved

Please join us at our new site: www.sirhumphreys.com.

The RSS feed for sirhumphreys.com is now here.

Sunday, March 27, 2005

My run in with daggy of the Locke Foundation

I also posted this in the comments of Farrars blog.

Look what some idiot called dagny said to me after I pointed out the tone of some of the Locke Foundations comments might get them in trouble (I didnt say anything about Peron or comment on their alleged facts):
You look like his messenger boy Antarctic spreading those threats around, not a good look darlin', people might think the Libertarian message includes justifications for men getting it off with kids. Do you not care that he lied to you or did you know he was lying, is that why you think getting on a public soapboax and going all look at poor victim me, I hate kiddie rapists what worse thing could be said about someone than that they support something this horrible *sob* *sniff* violins wax on... poor Jim being accused of NAMBLA links, it wasn't his fault the previous owner stocked the shelves with it and selling a book does not mean you support the message, no, not even if you write the book for them and slam everyone who disagrees with them, and give them shelter and hire the poor pedophiles to sell your books for you....

Can you pass a message back to Jimmy-James for me sweetie? Tell him Lindsay's defamation papers must have gotten lost in the mail because they never arrived, he might want to resend them.
Erm yes. What a fruitcake.

My reply:
I am not the 'message boy' for anyone. Neither am I a 'libertarian' or member of any other political group. Nor do I personally know anyone involved in this matter. Your tantrum is entirely unwarranted, and presumedly caused by paranoia as you have no basis to assume I am 'in' with any other people involved in this issue.

You're use of the term 'darling', and various other infantilising terms, does not de-bitch the accusatory tone of your comment, but it does highlight the nature of your personality to anyone reading this. You have done the Locke Foundation's image a great disservice.
I'd been trying to give the Locke Foundation the benefit of the doubt, but it will be hard to take anything they say seriously now. I think Adolf wrote them off quite a while ago...

Posted by Antarctic Lemur | 3/27/2005 08:25:00 PM

11 Comments:

Anonymous tinker, tailor, soldier .. .. .. said...

I'd always thought your undivided loyalty to this filthmonger must have been the result of a misguided personal friendship as a minimum. Now you tell us that you don't even know any of the players. So why the almost fanatical defence of him.

If he were a Kiwi, then yes, give the guy a break, but he is not. How exactly, does Peron add value to our nation, as a migrant here? Some say, his misdemeanours are all in the past, give the guy a second chance. But why should we?

Why would Peron have priority over any other person wanting to migrate here? There are thousands of people all over the world who would love to be able to migrate here. For most of these, a "second chance" would not be needed, they just want a first chance. I dare say that if Peron were placed in a continuum comprising the merits all NZ migration applicants, he would be well down the not-right-now end of said continuum.

3/28/2005 09:26:00 PM  
Blogger Antarctic Lemur said...

eh? what undivided loyalty? what fanatical defense? I attacked Winston Peters for his initial allegations, because they were ridiculous given his lack of evidence.

My LS post on the recent allegations:
http://labourscandals.blogspot.com/2005/03/peron-in-80s.html

3/29/2005 02:02:00 AM  
Anonymous tinker, tailor, soldier .. .. .. said...

Hmmmm. I must have been attributing the comments of others to your good self. Oops, sorry.

Leaving aside the attribution, my views stand. Peron should be a long, long way down the NZ entry list.

3/29/2005 07:18:00 PM  
Anonymous tinker, tailor, soldier .. .. .. said...

Oh, and what's with the update announcing me as Locke. How rude.

You first comment contributor, and your first abuse of the contributor. Is this to be the norm?

3/29/2005 07:29:00 PM  
Blogger Antarctic Lemur said...

Well I admit I assumed you were from Locke. But it wasn't intended as an insult, just an indicator to readers that the comments were more than just our own authors slapping each other on the back!

3/29/2005 08:07:00 PM  
Anonymous Craig Ranapia said...

Daggy wrote:
...people might think the Libertarian message includes justifications for men getting it off with kids.

I reply:
Honey, you've got a bigger problem. Everytime you or one of your anti-Peron jihadists open your mouths, people can't help but think the libertarian message is remarkably similar to that of a personality cult where heretics and backsliders are to be destroyed by any means necessary.

And if you've got to hide behind one of the vilest enemies of liberty in New Zealand politics so be it...

Well, sweetie, remember when you lie down with dogs you get up with all kinds of vermin.

3/29/2005 10:44:00 PM  
Anonymous tinker, tailor, soldier .. .. .. said...

I think we got that sorted. I erred, you erred, both corrected, all square, all history.

Good luck with the new blog. Looks promising so far.

Rodney's silence on Peron/ Peters is deafening today !!! I suspect Rodney might feel as if his fingers have been burned - by Peron, someone he regarded as a friend, and someone Rodney helped.

3/29/2005 11:27:00 PM  
Blogger Antarctic Lemur said...

Rodders is in a tough situation.

3/29/2005 11:31:00 PM  
Anonymous tinker, tailor, soldier .. .. .. said...

Rodney is in exactly the situation that Rodney, and only Rodney created.

I am far from being a Peters fan, but Peters has done what every other politician would have done AND HAS DONE when presented with comparable oportunities.

Nor am I gay, but I say this. Gay New Zealand had a good 2004. And for the most part, Gay NZ has had good support from a very generous and egalitarian public. And that's good.

But Peron, combined with Hide publicly making a gay issue of Peters/ Peron, has done more damage to Gay advances, than any other episode in recent times. (And I include Destiny's efforts in that.)

3/30/2005 12:43:00 AM  
Anonymous Craig Ranapia said...

Tinker wrote:

I reply:
Bullshit. Winston Peters has been happy to sit around a caucus table with Ron Mark — who was CONVICTED (note emphasis) of unlawful sexual connection with a fifteen year old girl when he was nineteen. And he was quick to spring to Mark's defence when his conviction was leaked to the media in 2001.

Mr Peters should be called upon to answer a few questions himself:

1) Why is Ron Mark a fit person to be in Parliament?

2) Did Mark conceal this conviction from NZFirst when he first stood for Parliament in 1996?

3) If not, did Winston deliberately concel this conviction from the public in 1996 & 1999; and would he be still doing so today, if Mark hadn't been 'outed'?

4) Does Mark's continued presence in Parliament - and his expected high ranking on the NZFirst list — mean that Peters doesn't regard screwing under-age girls as a big deal?

Come on, Winnie, I'm just holding you to the same (non-)standard you've applied to Jim Peron. What does the Locke Foundation have to say about their new best friend?

3/30/2005 08:26:00 AM  
Anonymous tinker, tailor, soldier .. .. .. said...

Okay then Craig. I agree. Ron Mark and Jim Peron should both go to the far end of the queue of people wanting migration here. Oh, wait a minute, Ron Mark is not in the queue. Peron is.

Craig, I notice you said "bullshit" to my comments, but you actually don't contradict anything I have said. You have simply introduced an entirely separate and irrelevant sidetrack.

My post was about Hide, and Peron. Parenthetically, I referred to Peters. You have taken my parenthetic reference, then parenthetically added Mark. And on the strength of the parenthesised parentheses, you have called my comment "bullshit".

For the sake of keeping the debate sensible, i'd be happy to leave out the least important bit, the Peters bit, of what I said above. It still stands then as –

“Rodney is in exactly the situation that Rodney, and only Rodney created.

”Gay New Zealand had a good 2004. And for the most part, Gay NZ has had good support from a very generous and egalitarian public. And that's good.

”But Peron, combined with Hide publicly making a gay issue of Peron, has done more damage to Gay advances, than any other episode in recent times. (And I include Destiny's efforts in that.)”

3/30/2005 10:14:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home